From the mid-1700s pyramid shelves (Amagerhylder) were incredibly popular among Danish peasants used as a display shelf. They have been unpopular for a long period, but have now found their way back – primarily in the children’s bedrooms.
This pyramid shelf I got at a garage sale. I painted it black and added some scrapping paper for color. You can use wallpaper, but scrapping pager is cheaper. I finished with two layers of clear coats.
After all that hard work, just kidding it’s very easy, I needed some hot chocolate. This is the recipe we use:
- 2 cups (½ liter) milk
- 1 oz. (25 g.) dark chocolate (70%)
- A pinch of salt
- Sugar according to taste (we don’t use any)
- Cinnamon (we do that mostly at Christmas time)
- Whipping cream
- Vanilla sugar
- Heat the milk with chocolate and add a pinch of salt. Whip often so the milk doesn’t burn. Add sugar and cinnamon if you fancy.
- Whip the cream and add vanilla sugar according to taste